Don't Hate Me Because I'm Bloggyful

Had a comment that I didn't post because it was cursing and swearing and name calling, but the gist of it was that my little media empire here is not a real job and that I am a charlatan and a fraud, blah, blah, blah.

So let me explain.

I am INCREDIBLY lucky to make a living blogging.  I know this, I'm aware of it, and I thank my lucky stars everyday when I see traffic reports or reminisce about when I had a real job.

However, especially since writing Bachelor Pad Economics, I noticed I was getting a little down and a little depressed.  This is normal because writing does take it out of you and I am usually very hard on myself ensuring I get my books written quickly, and done by a certain date.  This book (Bachelor Pad Economics) is going to be about 450 pages, and it will have taken about 2.5 months to write, edit, and publish.  I thought the malaise I go through was because writing is boring, but it wasn't until my girlfriend pointed out I had been writing for four hours straight at my local bar did I realize just how much time I was putting into this.

Between blogging, podcasting, writing, videos, not to mention splitting wood and all the household chores, I knock out about 16-18 hours a day on work.

Is this "real job work?"

No.

Do I have to commute to a cubicle?

No.

Do I have to deal with another gray-haired fool who lost his spine, balls and ability to lead during his MBA classes?

No.

But that doesn't mean I'm lollygagging about, drinking rumpie, and playing video games all day.

It means I'm busting my ass off...and drinking rumpie occasionally playing video games all day.

In other words, detractors, haters, and jealous people, I do work.  This is a real job.  It's just one that's enjoyable and one where I am the ultimate authority and boss.  It's one I earned through my own sweat, toil, dedication, and sacrifice.

Ergo, you can be jealous all you want, but you can't get angry.  Well...I mean, you "can" get angry, but your anger is misplaced.

In the meantime I'll just continue to act like I'm drunk all the time, playing video games, sleeping in and never working just to irk the right people.

Enjoy the decline!
You have just read the article entitled Don't Hate Me Because I'm Bloggyful. Please read the article from Captain Sushil Kumar About https://captainsushilkumar.blogspot.com/2013/11/don-hate-me-because-i-bloggyful.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Captain Sushil Kumar