I'm Blaming Marissa Mayer for Yahoo's Mail Problems

I want to introduce you to a website that I never knew existed, but thanks to Marissa Mayer and the deteriorating e-mail performance of Yahoo, I've had the honor of getting to know intricately.

www.downrightnow.com

You see, it has been a weekly event that the ole Captain wakes up and logs into his e-mail account to see if any of you lieutenants, agents in the field, economists or chillllldren have something important to tell me.  You know, links, thanks for the book, I hate your guts, that kind of thing.  But whilst the ole Captain can log in all his site does is freeze because Marissa and pals have overloaded their e-mail with advertising.

Of course, if you didn't know this or about the above-mentioned site, you would think there's something wrong on your end.  So you spend an hour of your precious finite life trouble shooting something that isn't your problem.  But instead, here is the problem:


Now I really don't care that Marissa Mayer became CEO.  Women can and do make fine CEO's.  But when the performance of the company and its products just spectacularly tank whilst coinciding with a new CEO, I'm prone to believe the primary cause is that CEO.

Of course, good luck finding any articles about her performance that is critical.  It's all about her having a baby, her setting up nurseries, and whether or not a "woman can have it all."  But this IS actually the core of the problem.  Instead of focusing on the shareholders and customers the media is focusing on politics and gender.  So much so the primary article being shoved in my face from searching for Ms. Mayer is about her giving a speech.

I don't want to have articles about her as a person.
I don't want to have articles about whether she's making the company go green or not.
I don't give a damn about whether the nurseries at Yahoo Corporate increase employee satisfaction.
And I don't give a shit about her fucking speech.

I want to know why my god damned e-mail is down.

And until the media (and corporate America) refocuses their attention on profits and not this modern-day-touchy-feely-CSR-diversity bullshit soap opera, you can expect more and more businesses to fail.
You have just read the article entitled I'm Blaming Marissa Mayer for Yahoo's Mail Problems. Please read the article from Captain Sushil Kumar About http://captainsushilkumar.blogspot.com/2014/02/i-blaming-marissa-mayer-for-yahoo-mail.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Captain Sushil Kumar